Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Wheels and Tyres - Brake Problems when new

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th September 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to suzanna80
Renault Scenic II - Wheels and Tyres - Brake Problems when new

Hi all I am suzanna and I can tell you lots about the wonderful joys of owning a renault. It all started when I got a 04 (brand new) scenic. Boy oh boy did I pay the price for owning one of these. It all started when I had it for about 3 months. The car started playing up and maing strange noises when I was driving. I started loosing power when trying to accelerate and my brakes were dodgey.
The car ended up over the next year in renault of 20 times. I had extensive work on my car.
First thing was the auto handbrake decided to go on and not come off when I was doing 60 mph. I pulled over and called the RAC and was followed back home. It was taken to renault who said the car was calibrated to left hand drive and that was the problem.
A few weeks later it was in again for loosing power and a multitude of computer management problems, renaults reply? Needs a software updat which it got.
Over the next few months the brakes didnt always work properly and my gear box turned out to have no fluid in it. Things got worse when this year it started intermittely making a lawnmower type of noise started on turn over for abt 5 secs. 4 trips to renault later it has loads of work including a new crankshaft and camshaft and partial strip down of engine. Then my exhaust got a maufacturing defect in it and ruptured and needed replacement. Then I had problems with my boot, wipers misbehaving and other stuff.
The car then started dying when in neutral on start up. renaults wonder fault finding computer found nothing EVER wrong with my car.
I then had my fans and aircon pack up and turned out to be burnt out wiring. Oh yeah I also had a starter motor replacement also.
By the time I got rid of it in sept this year it had more work done on it than you could have sold it for. It was on its last legs when I gave it back to renault. It started to play up pulling off and hesitating and almost stalling or pulling off then kinder hesistating, someone mentioned a problem with the automatic choke. But I couldnt be bothered to take any more s$$t from renault telling me its all in my head so I didnt sort it.
My gearbox was on its last legs and just about everything worked only when it wanted to. It was known as the B^^^^h on heat with PMT cos thats what it was like driving this lemon.

Now I am the proud owner of a 55 megane coupe cabriolet, and apart from faulty roof seals meaning the car was leaking water in (now replaced with attitude from renault being, what do you expect, its a convertable) everything is great. It is a joy to drive and is so smooth and calm, unlike the scenic.

Time will tell whether I have been stupid acquiring another renault.

Hope this helps anyone and lets you all know about me, If anyone wants any advice about scenics, I am always willing to help.

Take care

Currently in suzanna80's garage:
a vauxhall astra sri XP
  5 Lastest Threads by suzanna80
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
please please tell us where the idle control... Engines TazzyK 9 2683 23rd May 2007 12:52 PM
launga has no idle and stalls Engines chris m 4 1272 25th March 2007 12:16 PM
megane cc water leaks Cars & motoring suzanna80 2 1404 19th September 2006 08:17 PM
clio keeps cutting out Engines GeordieClio 1 1222 19th September 2006 08:12 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome