Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Knocking Woes ?

Thread: Knocking Woes ?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Knocking Woes ?

Hi, got a phase 2 laguna ( 2002 )

Had a knock on the front end that just developed overnight, i have had it in the garage to replace track rod ends, there is still a little play in the steering but not a lot.

Problem is when the assenger side front wheel goes over a bump then i get a clunking noise, the garage cant find anything wrong.. i have noticed that it is only when i am free wheeling though, ie not when i am accellerating and not quite so much when braking.. I do tend to hear it slighltywhen pulling off too could anyone she some ideas please ???

just to add -- i have have looked at the top of the suspension struts from under the bonnet and found the gap between the rubber and the bodywork was aroun 15mm on the offending side although when i looked the next day it was a lot lower, is there supposed to be a lot of movement or could it just be the rubbers ?

5 Lastest Threads by MartRogers
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Engine Mountings - 02 Laguna Engines MartRogers 2 968 13th November 2006 04:23 PM
Knocking Woes ? Cars & motoring ketiljo 31 8659 6th October 2006 08:07 PM
Steering Rack gone ? Steering and Suspension murchin 7 2131 18th September 2006 11:45 AM
Laguna II - Phase 1 - 1.8 Idle running probs Engines 9 2084 19th May 2006 05:04 PM
Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres -... Laguna corsa's rock 18 7677 25th February 2006 09:44 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome