Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 101 Things ... Well a few

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
101 Things ... Well a few

Hi all
First of all I must say sorry to you all , As I dont drive a Renault yet, But with your help I hope to very soon drive a
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.6 16V Expression

Before I ask the questions I should explain about how I got the car.
A friend of a friend had a very light bump and no longer wants to keep the car ( understanable I spoce ) and I have done most of the mot work on my old cars so replaceing a few parts should be easy as. I went to have alook and found out that I would need to replace the following items :--

On the O/S/F I would need a wing , headlight , lower wishbone , trackrod end ( & the other rod that goes into the steering rack ) droplink , The inner part of the driveshaft that goes into the gearbox is broken ( I think its called a spider ( its goes on the inner end of the splines and has 3 ball races ) )

All of the parts can be easly got , but Ive been told that the Spider comes with the driveshaft ? Can anyone shead some light on this ?

But my main problem is that now the car has been dropped off I find its a keyless ignition

After reading up hear and there I get confliciting imformation about this . Some people say I can get a card off ebay and then following this :---

1. Turn Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note:
the door should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 15 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning
light illuminates.
4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.
5. Press the second remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.
6. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.

the card key should be good to go

But I have read that once a card has been used // programmed it can not be used again ? Does some one out there know for sure if I can get a used card of ebay or someplace to use ?

Also there isa metal key in the card to be used to lock / unlock the fron door , Is this a standard key for all cars or will I have to get a locksmith out to make a key for me ?

As for the driveshaft spider above I will post a pic as soon as I can

I hope some of you can help me out or I might have to sell it for parts if I cant get the card key thing

Thanks for your possibile help people

Currently in RockyRocket's garage:
99 2:0 16V Mondeo
  5 Lastest Threads by RockyRocket
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
101 Things ... Well a few Cars & motoring Horatio 3 962 6th October 2006 10:57 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome