Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Best treatment for this? How would you approach it?

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 31st May 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Best treatment for this? How would you approach it?

anything alfuds have made up for me has been off slightly, i dont go there for paint mix anymore either they cant wieght the paint properly or their product is sub quality.

i go to an automotive paint supplier anythig in spray can form or touch up is either urethan base coat or 2k (2 pack) base coat with a propellant (in a spray can), often paint match is nearly perfect and depend on preparation as to the result.

that bonnet is needing a new full coat of base and laquer. to cut costs you could prep the panel yourself and ask a body shop to shoot it over (they will not correct anything though) so you need to be spot on with your prep work then when you get the car back fully t-cut and polish and wax the car over.

get the paint code, call renault and recheck the paint colour giving them your chassis number, get a litre of paint made and supply this to the body shop too this may further reduce your costs in a way.
Currently in castiel's garage:
2004 1.4 16v megane
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome