Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Engines - Chugging Megane - Toxic Fume Filter

View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 31st May 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Megane - Engines - Chugging Megane - Toxic Fume Filter

Hi All

I recently had the same issue whereby I was driving and the Fume Filter Engine light started flashing whilst I was driving. It turned off as I slowed down. I have a 56 plate Renault Megane Sport 225 with 44k miles on the clock.

I read these forums and kept to the minimal driving rules and took the car to my local garage. They hooked up the car and read the engine management system and confirmed coil 4 reported misfiring.

Upon hearing this, I did recall a small drop in performance in the car over the previous week, a minor chug in idle was apparent which previously powered my searches on the forum as I knew the exhaust chug was something slightly new.

Anyway, the coil pack was replaced under an extended warranty I purchased with the car so that was good news.

My only concern now is I need to check with the garage to confirm if all the coil leads were replaced or just one. I think I am a little paranoid now as I got used to the nice whistle from the turbo when the car was running optimal and since the change of coil the car feels a little more rough on acceleration.

I am going to call the garage and confirm if the whole coil pack was done or just one. Secondly a question for the group, when is an appropriate time to seek a re-tune for your car?
Currently in acracknell's garage:
56 Renault Megane Sport 225
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome