Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Speed Camera's On M6,m60,m62

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 7th October 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I reckon the comments here are interesting and certainly could lead to a long debate (preferably in a pub ) over driving styles and the phsycology(sp?) behind driving behaviour

Its one of those subjects where one driver (with all his/her years behind the wheel) will treat a situation totally different to a similarly experienced driver.

Im not saying that the "experience" of the individual driver equates to the correct driving style, but a particular aspect of driving will be firmly embedded into the driver as being correct. But not in the mind of another driver....and nare the twain shall meet.

Its like the mention of "haulage" in the post above..... IMMEDIATELY it started me thinking of the driving style of truck drivers on motorways, the way they tail-gate each other in Lane 1 of a motorway, which can make it VERY disconcerting for any car driver to WANT to drive in Lane 1 in between two artics.

But my thoughts are based on driving a car, and not a they are biased. But nevertheless in my mind truck drivers who do that are driving in a style which could be dangerous.

Still... if we all thought the same then forums would be a pretty dull place..... bit like Morrisons really

Currently in Ginga's garage:
2002 (52) Renault Clio 1.2 16v 3dr Expression (CB05CF)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome