Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault ''Twizy''

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 3rd June 2012
d'espace between my ears
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: How long is delivery of a new Twizy

You say the car has been on order for 4 weeks already, have you paid a deposit therefore? If so then I am pretty certain that the dealer is required to give you a delivery date.

Tracking delivery of a new car can only be done via the dealer who has better things to do than keep customers up to date!
In which case in view of the fact that you have already placed an order it may be time to write to them, formerly registering your dissatisfaction and your intention to cancel the order and reclaim any deposit paid as they have not been able to provide you with a delivery date unless they obtain such date from the manufacturer.

I'm guessing that the issues are being caused by the manufacturer but your dealer is your point of contact and it is their job to obtain the delivery date.

I'm not sure if your contract is with the dealer or the manufacturer. If you book a holiday with a travel agent for example you have no contract with them, your contract is with the tour operator. I'm not sure if the same applies in the new car market.

Be polite, of course, but formalise your dissatisfaction in writing now as it will help you if the situation continues.
Currently in d'espace between my ears's garage:
Nothing French!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome