Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Left lights on, battery died and key won't work.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th June 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Left lights on, battery died and key won't work.

Hi, I appoligise if this is in the wrong place. I looked through the forum but to be honest I don't know if my problem is one thing or another.

Went out to my car and the key button wouldn't open the doors, it was not making any noises but the key flashes. So eventually I find there is a key hole in the passenger side so I get the kids in out of the rain and then put the key in ignition and it doesn't do anything what so ever. So I instantly think no battery and then realise I had left the lights on!!

A lovely chap uses jump leads so I now have power but it wont start. Does the noise like it's going to so I put my foot on the pedal and still doesn't start.

The key is still not unlocking or locking the doors so he says it's something to do with the immobiliser maybe?

Anyway my car is now on a friends drive unlocked!!! And I have no idea where to start as I have no breakdown.

Do you think the key needs a new battery? Does anyone know what could be wrong? Any idea's what I can do to fix it? PLEASE!!
Currently in BabsPeach's garage:
Renault Megane Scenic 1.4 2003
  5 Lastest Threads by BabsPeach
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Left lights on, battery died and key won't work. Cars & motoring VelSatisfied 8 2339 4th June 2012 08:59 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome