Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault ''Twizy''

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 4th June 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault ''Twizy''

Interesting range of reactions but not based on the real world.

I now have a Twizy in the driveway along side my Jaguary XJR Portfolio.

I live in Northwood Middx and my office is 20+ miles away in Kilburn.

I took delivery of the Twizy on May 30th and commuted two days last week and so I can give you some real facts.

First let me say that this is such a fun car to drive and while the suspension is hard this didnt matter to me at any rate.

My first morning commute left the battery at 67% and so there was more than enough power to get back home again with some left to spare, however I charged the car at the office and had a full battery when I left for home.

I took the M1 on purpose on the way back to see how driving at 52 would feel in a tiny car. Many people slowed down to say hi or stare but apart form inconvieniencing a bus in the left lane it was not a problem.

Driving at a constant 52 uses about 20% more power than driving slower as you do not get the extra regenerative breaking effect.

Since then I have been using it for local journeys to gym, waitrose, fish and chips and had lots of friendly conversations with interested people who adored the look of the car and thought the techhnology amazing.

I have used 2 of Boris's charging points free as part of the 10 PER YEAR deal via Source London. I am looking forward to my no congestion charge registration and to parking in Westminster FOC.

If I had not been driving the Twizy I would have been using the Jaguar, which is a truly amazing car, for short journeys at under 18mpg and starting that 4.2 litre engine for just me which seems a waste.

Things that are innovative and new always get a few laughs but I do not think the fairly negative comments here feflect the real world in any way.

Thanks for listening.
Currently in twizyowner's garage:
2007 Jaguar XJR Portfolio and 2012 Renault Twizy Colour
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome