Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault ''Twizy''

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 4th June 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: How long is delivery of a new Twizy

Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
Just to clarify a few points raised above.

The contract is between the customer, and the dealer. It is their responsibility to pass your order onto the manufacturer and to keep you updated regarding build & delivery dates.

I agree, be polite in all communication, as it really is in no-one's interest to delay your purchase.

What I would also do, is contact Renault Customer Services , and I would adopt the line that the dealership are saying they have done all they can to expedite the order and build, and what can you (as the customer) do to help that process?

This will keep the dealer on your side (as you aren't openly dropping them in it), but it also gives you peace of mind that all that can be done, has been done.

P.S. In my opinion, it is a brave choice to purchase an electric car. Can I ask is it an additional vehicle to reduce the use of your existing car, or is it intended to be a direct replacement of an existing vehicle?
Renault customer services have offered to lok into it but will take 5 to 6 days.

The dealer has had to be asked every time for updates and did ring me once to say it will be with them either 29 or 39th May. No show. They also forwarded all the emails, which shows that they knew it wouldn't be in until after 8th June. But not until 2nd June.

They still have not provided me a date.

Okay why:-
I ride a motorbike to work 6m round trip, but with a big hill that stops me cycling. I had a small 800cc car, I also have access to the wife's car (family size car) and I own a large camper van. I get a bit wet on the motorbike but not cold even in winter, one last thing I have solar panels on my house and currently do not use all the electricity it generates, so it makes a lot of sense to go to an all electric car for my day to day use saving on road tax and servicing. Between the bike and the car I only did 3000miles a year.

Thanks for your comments
Currently in osbrook's garage:
Black and Blue Renault Twizy Colour.
The Following User Says Thank You to osbrook For This Useful Post:
VelSatisfied (4th June 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome