Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault ''Twizy''

View Single Post
post #52 of (permalink) Old 7th June 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault ''Twizy''

Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
People are always wary when it comes to developing existing technology - after all when cars first appeared the rich owned more electric or steam cars than petrol models. Obviously back then such choice was only enjoyed by the very rich. But when the petrol and diesel engine got into full swing costs dropped dramatically and also reliability improved. Plus those who couldn't afford to pay for expensive repairs or claim such costs for business purposes were able to carry out their own repairs cheaply.
The same principles also applied to computers and software, etc, when they first arrived.
Personally I am all for efficient and cost effective transport but most people can't afford two cars - one for short journeys and one for longer distance travel so they have to compromise.
I do hope that travel becomes more efficient and cost effective for the masses.

We all hope (except oil companies) travel becomes more efficient and cost effective and hopefully before oil runs out.

By switching to a Twizy (any all electric vehicle) I can do away with two of my petrol modes of transport while retaining access to the wife's car for medium to long distance and the Motorhome for long journeys.

Batteries are expensive but are getting better, although very slowly. As the need gets greater this will speed up. There are plenty of ways that batteries are being developed to allow very rapid charging. Phones will soon be able to be charged in 2 mins rather than 2+ hours. When applied to Cars this will make recharging as fast as refuelling at a petrol station. Okay you may have to use special recharge points to get this speed, but then you have to use petrol stations now. It will allow the range to grow, Slow charge at home quick charge at a petrol type station and the best of both worlds.

We just need to make a start like Twizyowner says. It would help if Renault shipped mine.
Currently in osbrook's garage:
Black and Blue Renault Twizy Colour.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome