Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2005 1.9 DCi Laguna (130) Dynamique- multiple questions

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th June 2012 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2005 1.9 DCi Laguna (130) Dynamique- multiple questions

Firstly Hi all,
Recently aquired a 55 plate Laguna, to which i'm really pleased so far. Car has done a little over 90,000 miles (full renault history) but I want to make sure it does the same amount of miles again without unplanned breakdowns, so want to be proactive rather than run to fail on the basis of 30k a year mileage. I am an experienced DIY car mechanic, but haven't worked on a Laguna before, so looking for experienced folk to give me words of wisdom hopefully!!

Firstly I've read up on the EGR maintenance,dual mass failures & DPF issues which seem to be the main issues to consider with these cars, and I'm confident in dealing with those jobs when I need to.

First question-I've looked on the drivers door pillar to see if it references the FAP /DPF being fitted but not sure what it does or doesn't say, so can someone clarify what wording or letters I should look for??

Second question- please can someone confirm the exact oil for the gearbox & quantity I need , plus any tips to aid the job would be grateful, as i'd sooner put some fresh oil in rather than play change the gearbox on my driveway.

Third question- cambelt job- it appears to be a case of locking the crank & cam pulley via a 8mm dowel in each and then tensioning accordingly. Is this correct and are there any precautions I should be aware of when doing this??

Fourth question- what interval should I change the glowplugs at, albeit currently car starts without any issues

Fifth & final question for now, looking at getting a remap done via a company called Remap Science, focussing on economy rather than power. Anybody used them??

Cheers Jamie
Currently in jamiepm's garage:
Peugeot GT RCZ and a Laguna 3 Initiale Lux Sports Tourer
  5 Lastest Threads by jamiepm
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2008 Renault trafic 2.0 dci poor running Electronics jamiepm 8 453 28th August 2016 06:40 PM
2011 Laguna 3 DCi 150 bhp remap and feedback General tuning jamiepm 27 7988 2nd July 2014 10:51 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome