Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Steering Wheel Rotator "Or something like that"

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th June 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Steering Wheel Rotator "Or something like that"

Hi All,

Firstly I apologise, I am newto this.

I have had my Megane for about 18 months now and since about a week after I have had it when I turn my steering wheel it makes a "flickery" sort of noise like there is a piece of paper or similar flickering. I asked Halford to check it and they said that it was nothing to worry about and probably just a low wire catching occasionally (it doesn't make this noise all the time).

I took my car into the local dealership today as the airbag light was on and when the car checked the car the noise happened he said that the rotator sounded like it had gone behind the steering wheel and that I was looking at about 200+ to get it fixed as I would need the steering wheel off etc ......Is this an inflated Renault Price of am I not likely to get it cheaper elsewhere? I live in Central Birmingham but dont know where else would be able to do the job.

The man in renault also said this would be the reason the airbag light would be on... Im not sure about this though as the sound has been happening for such as long time and the light came on a few days ago (I have posted a question about the light in electrical).

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks Cher
Currently in Cherabelle's garage:
Renault Megane 2004 1.5 dci Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by Cherabelle
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Check Injector and Service Light. Electronics madnoel10 1 814 10th June 2013 12:53 PM
Damsel in distress. Electronics TazzyK 3 992 19th July 2012 07:23 PM
Steering Wheel Rotator "Or something like... Cars & motoring Cherabelle 2 1296 7th June 2012 06:19 PM
Multiple electric faults. Electronics TazzyK 7 1984 7th June 2012 06:10 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome