Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Car purchase advice please

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th June 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Car purchase advice please

Looking for some help and advice as I have never owned a renault before. Looking at a Laguna II 1.8 16 privilage auto 2002. Its done 55k miles has all the added extras, is up for 1250. All Service history is up to date and everything has been done as and when it should have been. Thing is on the test drive the computer flashed up gearbox warning. After turning off and back on again, it was fine however then another light came up stating tyre pressure regulater not working (maybe not regulater but something to do with tyre pressure). Also on the test drive there was a clunking coming from the passenger side rear suspension plus a clank when you opened and closed the drivers door. Other than these things the car was completely up together. The dealer has said he will get all the things discussed looked at and fixed will give me a 3 month unconditional guarantee on the gearbox and a 3 months parts and labour warranty for the rest of the car (except electrics and other usual exceptions). Do I have anything to worry about? what else should I be looking for?

Further to the above, this will be my first ever auto and tbh it seemed to be a bit slow to change up/down etc but is this just me being unuse to an auto or are laguna autos to be avoided. Last but not least the stats say autos do only about 25-30 max around town (only looking at doinga few thou miles a year with a few long journeys but mostly town) also 0-60 has been listed as 13 secs?! Is it really that slow?

Can anyone take the time to answer my queries please?
Currently in avago's garage:
nothing yet
  5 Lastest Threads by avago
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Car purchase advice please Cars & motoring VelSatisfied 5 1086 9th June 2012 05:39 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome