Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help! Need to sell but have a couple of niggles, advice urgently needed

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th June 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Help! Need to sell but have a couple of niggles, advice urgently needed

Hi Everyone

My girlfriend wanted me to find her a French economical car for going to work with and doing the odd long journey with a budget of 1300.

I found her a megane 2 1.9dci dynamique with 130k on the clock but had full service history. I took it for a test drive, and found a few problems which the dealer said they would fix. The dealer was a bit of a **** and took a few attempts to get everything fixed , and as a favour he said he would change the timing belt for us as it was due and he had messed us about.

Eventually we got the car back, but a month later the timing belt snapped and killed the engine, we rang the dealer, but he fobbed us off until we rang trading standards and he agreed to replace the engine with a small contribution from us. 2 months later we got the car back with a new engine, but it had a check injection light on, when we quizzed him, he said the garage we took it too to diagnose the timing belt had snapped, had messed with the electrics hence the message, but the car seemed to run ok and to be honest we were sick of the dealer and just wanted the car back.

With all this messing about, we have lost all faith in the car, and the car still has the check injection message which also illuminates the service light, and it runs rough now and again, and also the steering lock has stopped working and squeaks when you turn the wheel.

We just want rid to be honest but don't know wether or not to sell it how it is, or fix the faults and sell it, so what would you do? And what's it worth?

Ps we are pretty skint
Currently in Joeletaxi's garage:
2002 Renault Megane II 1.9dCi Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by Joeletaxi
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Help! Need to sell but have a couple of niggles,... Cars & motoring LAGUNA205GT 14 2380 10th June 2012 12:57 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome