Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help! Need to sell but have a couple of niggles, advice urgently needed

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10th June 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by SomersetScott View Post
Check injection could be a few things - dose it have trouble starting when hot? - look at the injectors and see if there is any oil /grime around them, if they all look the same its fine. Sometimes the copper washers leak and throw up an injector problem.
Service light could be on for a few reasons - I'd check the oil level first then start checking what you feel comfortable with, air filter, EGR valve, inlet pipes, PCV breather pipe etc. Just simple checks can sometimes nail your problems and save you lots of money :-).

Best of luck, its unlucky you met one of the many dodgey dealers around :-(.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Hi Scott

Thanks so much for the reply, it has no trouble starting at all, it just seems to run lumpy and has a definite power loss compared to the old engine.

I've already checked the glow plugs and they are all ok, and the oil level is fine, but I've not checked the injectors, EGR valve or the other things you have suggested.

Could you describe how to check and dismantle these please or do you have a video, picture or link?

Your help is much appreciated

Ps do you know anything about the electronic steering lock suddenly stopping working?

Many regards

Currently in Joeletaxi's garage:
2002 Renault Megane II 1.9dCi Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome