Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna III soft brake pedal

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th June 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna III soft brake pedal

Hi all - Newbie owner here

Ive owned my first Renault for 8 weeks now, a 2011 Laugna III Sports Tourer, 1.5 dci 110.

Until yesterday Ive been really impressed with it, and have thoroughly enjoyed owing it. However, all was well until I pulled into the works car park yesterday morning.
As I was reversing into a parking space I pressed the brake pedal to find there was very little happening under my right foot.
The pedal was really soft, and went about 3/4 of the way to the floor, where it eventually activated the brakes and slowed the car.
I released the pedal and pushed it again, and everything was back to normal.

On the drive home the same thing happened about 3 more times, so I booked it into my local dealer today.

They had the car for a few hours, test drove it, and declared that it was perfectly fine and normal.
I argued that if it was normal, why was this the first time in 8 weeks it had happened - no answer. I also questioned how it could be normal for the owner of a car to not know how well the brakes would work whenever they pressed the pedal. Do they press it hard, assuming it wasnt going to work and risk locking up all the wheels, or do they press it gently, and hope they dont hit the car in front if it decides to have a spongy moment.

Anyway, after not accepting their excuse, they have decided to look at it again in two weeks time, when they have a free slot.

I'm now VERY concerned I'm driving an unsafe car, that could have complete brake failure at any point.

Having looked on here I notice there are similar issues with older Laguna models, so Im just wondering if any other Laguna III owners have had the same issue, and what the outcome was for them.

Any help of information will be very gratefully received.

Currently in LagunaSportsTourer's garage:
2011 Laguna III Sports Tourer 1.5 dci 110
  5 Lastest Threads by LagunaSportsTourer
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna III soft brake pedal Brakes/Hubs LagunaSportsTourer 3 1543 13th June 2012 06:03 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome