Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Tab release on front bumper Renault Scenic 2002

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 15th June 2012
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Tab release on front bumper Renault Scenic 2002

Youre looking for exact experience of the operation.
Hopefully someone will have done it or Paul might have more general tips.
pics would help .
If any screws /other attachment points are already removed and just going by a mental image,
If the tabs are lined up with their extraction slots it could be they just need a pull.

Other options if you dont get more replies here:

If you surf you will find copies of the procedures for different models..this will be in copyrighted form so we cant post it or link it here.

Even then there may not be enough detail for the "amateur"
A case in point was my car has 2 small plastic bumper cover panels.
The description said "remove these" and showed where they hurrah.

with a bit of gentle pulling to see the exact attachment method ,I discovered they had to be disconnected at the bottom first by pulling down and back,then at the top by lifting slightly and pulling warking from one side to the other.

I later found a fitment guide for an uprated intercooler for an rs megane III provided by the supplier of the intercooler with actual photos etc.
It wasnt conerned with front bumper removal per se , but because the bumper has to be removed to fit the intercooler it was very detailed.
I only came across it cos I was looking up performance enhancements.

So another idea if you dont get other replies ,is to check thru old posts here which might not seem immediately connected.
Like fog light fitting guides q's etc.
Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome