Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Location of the exit of the sunroof drain

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th June 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Location of the exit of the sunroof drain

I've already found out the answer on this fab site as to why my footwell is full of water (blocked sunroof drain) so this afternoon I've pushed a 6ft length of ridgid piping down the drain to push through the blockage. After 6ft or so it has stopped and not gone any further and I've read that at the end of the drain is a little flap where the water exits and which can get stuck and causes a back up. What I'd like to know is where exactly does the drain exit (so I can check if this little flap is stuck or not) and how I can go about getting to it (I'm a bird so don't get all techy on me) but I'm happy to pop it on a ramp and have a look if it's relatively easy to find. Specifically I have a W reg Megane Monaco. If it wasn't absolutley lashing down I could pour a small amount of water down the drain and see if or where it comes out but with so much water on the ground I just can't tell and I don't own or have a dry garage to test it and I'd like to get this sorted asap before it lashes down again!
Currently in UKMoneypenny's garage:
Renault Megane Coupe Monaco 1.6
  5 Lastest Threads by UKMoneypenny
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Location of the exit of the sunroof drain Bodywork OLD 2.0 SCENIC 6 1836 15th June 2012 03:32 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome