Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help! Need to sell but have a couple of niggles, advice urgently needed

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 16th June 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Help! Need to sell but have a couple of niggles, advice urgently needed

How long have you had the car back from the garage? If not long, go back to trading standards and the garage. The car is in no fit state and should not of been brought back. I realise that you needed the car back and you were that fed up of the crap from the garage but still back to trading standards you go. How long did you have the car before the problems started? Did you get any warranty with the car?

I have a similar experience with a car sales place in Leeds a few years ago. I had just bought the car a 2003 Laguna 2 1.9Dci Priv with 72k. I drove it onto the M62, the car pulsed and threw black smoke out, the A/C didn't work properly. I got 30miles from Leeds and broke down. (Repair 1). The car went back via RAC. Got given a loaner with the deal that I use the loaner till I got mine repaired, which included the cost of fuel. I got 15 back for fuel. I used that in the journey home.... Got my car back 2 weeks later. The car ran ok for 2 days. Got a diesel smell on the way to work. The fuel rail wasn't even connected correctly, it was leaking diesel over the engine block!!! RAC took it back. (Repair 2) A week later I got the car back after they repaired it and found a hole in the Intercooler. Picked it up. Xenon drivers headlight kept flashing. Spoke to the mechanics as they walked out and said that it didn't do that when it went in. They just turned round and said not our problem it's yours now, we're off home.

Moral of the story keep in touch with Trading Standards, go down the route of the car hasn't been repaired properly, state that more faults have occured as result of their work, which weren't there before. Don't use the car at all. If need be go through a small claims court for costs incurred, stress due to the problems etc.

Hope this helps.
Currently in lex.andrews's garage:
SAAB 9-5 2.3lpt SE Saloon. Renault Laguna 1.8 Privilege Sport Tourer.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome