Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Bonnet insulation

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 16th June 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Bonnet insulation

First of all, thank you so much for your reply. It is appreciated.

Secondly, men seem to have so much knowledge when it comes to cars that I couldn't imagine a dealer giving you a load of bull.

I suspect it goes back to when I started driving in 1974 and there were some real unscrupulous bar stewards calling themselves car salesman. I do try to learn (fixed the problem of the airbag and service light from reading here so thanks one and all) but I think I have it ingrained in me that I know naff all and will have the wool pulled over my eyes.

Maybe I should be more trusting but age makes me even more cynical.

Anyway, does the absence of bonnet insulation damage paintwork of the bonnet itself? Clearly not because if it did it would be added as standard to all cars. Many thanks once again.

Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Not all models in the Clio range have bonnet insulation so I suspect the dealer may be correct.

Renault have a habit of chopping and changing specification even during production runs.

My 1994 Clio diesel has bonnet insulation yet my 2001 Lag II didn't.

What makes you think they feed you a line because you are woman. I expect they would come up with the same answer to any customer regardless of sex if it got rid of them. Us guys get Bull****** on a regular basis by car dealers and garages.
Currently in iadoremyclio's garage:
Renault Clio Dynamique 1.4 16v in black
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome