Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - clio dynamique 2002 issues

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 18th June 2012
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Red face Re: clio dynamique 2002 issues

Originally Posted by dadam View Post
my 17yo just bought a clio dynamique 1.2 16v and i have noticed there are 7 advisorys on the mot, was just wondering how complex each one is to rectify, some are easy so i wont post but the others are:

1) front anti roll bar linkage rubber mounting detoriated but not resulting in excessive movement.

2) offside front cv joint gaiter deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt.

3) parking brake has little reverse travel.

4) play in steering rack inner joints.

also the clutch is almost all the way up, is this the beginning of the end for it?

would appreciate how long each job should take as to know whether garages are overcharging for labour.

I also can handle simple jobs to save a bit of money as i have changed pads and discs, oil changes etc but not much more than that and am unsure how difficult each thing is.

thanks in advance.

soz for such a large first post.
1. Replace bushes and links where possible. A real pain in the butt for a DIYer but, cheap... expect labour to cost more.

2. Get it sorted quick. Any ingress of dirt is bad. If the only replacement boot is universal, get a stretch one. A cone is very handy to do this. Cheap, important, can save lots of money by doing this now. Don't think twice (see point 4 first though), get it done.

3. Adjustment of the cables for the handbrake? Half an hour to get perfect? No cost?

4. Sounds like a universal joint, could be expensive, could be cheap... check this out from your local motor factors/independent mechanic. Again, it's wear and tear, this isn't an area you want to delay too much. Check prices and make up your mind about the three previous points.

This is only in my limited experience. Someone post a better response please?

Currently in mah14681's garage:
2001 Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 16v Sport, 2001 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 LX (95)
The Following User Says Thank You to mah14681 For This Useful Post:
dadam (19th June 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome