Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #235 of (permalink) Old 20th June 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

I had the problem where the car would start juddering at junctions and the coil light would come on and then the engine would try and stall on dragged on for months and months.......... i tried suggestions to fix it like checking the wiring and changing the sensors but to no avail then all of a sudden my car would start going into limp mode every now and then and i had to off ignition and restart it for it to go back to normal then it became a regular occurrence happening on every journey, decided it became to dangerous as i was risking my safety(was happening on the motorway) and decided to have a look at the throttle body as people mentioned it could be the problem.

With some online guidance help i took the manifold off and found a puddle of oil in there apparently every time i braked at a junction the oil would come forward into the throttle body making it wanna stall and turning the coil light on and because it happened so often it killed the throttle body over time.

i cleaned the puddle of oil got another throttle body put it all back together and VOILA!!!!!!! been running good ever since

so if your at the stage where the coil light comes on and the engine wants to stall get it fixed as it wont cost you anything before it starts going into limp mode.
email me if your in the midlands area and want some help doing it yourself instead of paying the garage...
Currently in Zang3t5u's garage:
2001 Renault Clio 1.2 Expression+
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome