Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help! Need to sell but have a couple of niggles, advice urgently needed

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 21st June 2012
Diamond member
Nominated 6 Times in 5 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Re: Help! Need to sell but have a couple of niggles, advice urgently needed

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your car.

I think the dealer either did not change the cambelt or else changed the belt only and not the tensioners / waterpump. It is rare that a belt snaps it is usually the waterpump or one of the pulleys that breaks causing the belt to come off.

The dealer has a legal obligation to rectify problems that were present with the car when sold even if they don't become apparent for some time after the car was sold (excluding wear and tear items).

If I were you I would contact the dealer and state that I wanted a full refund in exchange for handing the car back and if they won't agree then I would use small claims court to get a refund.

If you google "Money Claim Online" you will see it is very easy to make a claim although you will have to pay a fee which you can add onto the claim.

It will be inconvenient as you will have to hand the car back and find another to buy but most likely the cheapest way as the alternative is to try and sell a faulty car then buy another anyway.

Good luck!
Currently in LAGUNA205GT's garage:
2005 Laguna II 205 GT Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome