Thread: Why a Twizy
View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 22nd June 2012
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Why a Twizy

If electric vehicles take off again, how long will it be before the motorist gets shafted.

Leaving aside battery cost .range(could get stuck in the middle of nowhere) and so on.

Governments being governments:

I had a 10kw ducati diesel generator. I wired it in so that if there was a power failure it was a simple one switch pull to isolate the house from the grid supply and use the generator.
7kw was the practical load limit.

I of course used home heating oil diesel to power it,would have been a bit silly to use pump diesel.

Im wondering ,what happens if electric transport does resurge

How does the govt/eu get to shaft us?

Will it become illegal to homecharge unless you have a govt /eu sealed and metered home charge suck up tax on motorists charge point .

Will it become illegal to charge your car anywhere but at designated charge stations?
Like my diesel car when bought the road tax was 100 euro, about 80.
Now because everyone was buying the "environmentally friendly" low emission type cars , govt revenue was dropping..and all of a sudden its "we are eco concious in Ireland but damn if were gonna lose out on tax revenue"
My 100 euro last year has gone up to 160 euro this year(just paid)

In Ireland most of the diesel/petrol fuel cost to the motorist is taken up withgovt tax and Vat.

General electricty costs are atm not concerned with motoring.
Just imagine tho what will happen if electric cars become a mainstream mode of transport here.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
The Following User Says Thank You to coup For This Useful Post:
VelSatisfied (22nd June 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome