View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 23rd June 2012
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Why a Twizy

Bubble car,fiat 500,citroen 2cv,robin reliant

Yeh all powered by oil but a twizy from what I can see is closer to a motorbike than any of them.
But its
Personal transportation/commercial too is allways subject to tax.
If it makes economic sense to you right now, thas good.
I wouldnt fancy a vehicle that the Austrailians wont even allow on public roads.

This cheap electricity at night thing allways seemed a bit odd to me,for storage heaters in a house etc.
Sure its cos theres low demand but the energy just doesnt suddenly materialise.
Its using up excess capacity at night

If you think about it electric cars are essentially steam cars.
Thats where the majority of generated electricty comes from(steam turbines).coal. oil .gas nuclear .
Wind and wave energy ,there isnt enough of that .

Solar panels: aside from night and day aspects dont give the joules. were talking 12 hrs output from the sun,unless some is stored as heat.
Our oil ,even tho the energy transfer is inefficient is lots of sea creatures crushed or whatever over thousands of years and their sun energy stored.

A reverse alternator or dynamo (electric motor) seems more efficient for us motorists.
Thas why cars like the tesla can do a 0-60 in 4-5 sec with no gearchanges.

If people want a Twizy /the other renault electric vehicles and they are happy great.

Me . I just hope Renault in partnership with Nissan or whoever ,dont skimp on the petrol/diesel(non hybrid) development and go bust.
Selfish cos I have a 1 year old renault diesel otherwise Id be on the go go renault and good luck to em bandwagon"

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome