Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #252 of (permalink) Old 24th June 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Hi all,

New to the forums so hello - and sorry for continuing an old thread - but a good one, it's been invaluable so far! Thanks for all the posts and photos, it's helped me this far

I've got a 02 Scenic II 1.5dci, bought about 18 months ago. Had 60,000 on the clock - how true that is i'm not sure. Anyway in December had the dash changed due to it cutting out (Thanks to this forum and Watchdog!) for 100.

When i got it, position 3 wouldn't work on the fan - do big deal, i could live with that. A/C still worked. Then over the summer, it did work briefly but then got worse. First 4 then last week 1 and 2 cut out. I had googled before (miss this thread!) but seen it was a 'dash off' type job so didn't fancy those costs. Now, i've got to get it sorted. With the help of this thread (did i say thanks? Thanks!) i'm quite confident i can fix it myself. Popped the surround off and managed to get my hand inside, loom onto the resistor pack was tight but came away - lots of melted terminals. Re-connected it and waggled it a bit - hey presto - 1, 2 and 4 worked again.

SO i can either buy the resistor pack + Loom OR just the loom. I think i'm going to try the loom repair first.

ONLY Problem is, as someone else mentioned back in the thread, by pulling out the loom, something else popped off - Here's a photo of it - Anyone know what it was connect to and where? It has A/C but not Climate control

Also, how are others splicing it in? I'd look at these from Maplins but they're only rated for 20Amps - is that enough? :
Any ideas would be great

Also, by heck, i didn't half hurt my arm getting it in, lucky it'll take a few days for the part to arrive, time for the injury to heal!

Currently in ManofScience's garage:
2004 Scenic II 1.5dci Expression, 1964 VW Type 1 1200 (being restored)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome