Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Speed Camera's On M6,m60,m62

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 8th October 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Different drivers have different driving styles. Some people don't see the limit as a target as you do. You say this is going through roadworks, so because someone might be more concerned for the safety of those workers doing road repairs... that makes them somehow inferior to you? I'd also point out that not all cars are created equal, some drive better at certain speeds than others... and some can get up to those speeds quicker. Some people like to drive with fuel consumption being a factor. I can drive all day in my car at 60 and get 32mpg, and sometimes I do... Other times I hoon it around as fast as I can get away with.

When it comes to roadworks, I drive through them at or just below the limit. If I get stuck behind someone doing 30 in a 40, it doesn't bother me as it seems to bother you. I don't sit 3ft from their bumper in an attempt to intimidate them into pulling over... Chances are you will only annoy them by driving so close, and if they're like me... I actually slow down when some one does it to me, or do a little left foot brake to light them up whilst accelerating. They either get the message and drop back.. or rant at me when they do, at which point I usually laugh and play the worlds smallest violin. Perhaps they drive slower, just to wind up people who get easily stressed.

From your posts on this subject, the problem appears to lie with you and not the other road users. Your comments seem to imply you have more of a right to drive on a road than others do, because you drive right on the limit.

I've been involved in traffic management systems in the past, so I know exactly what goes on all over the UK's road systems. I've also been driving long enough to see just about every kind of stupid driving... Hell, in my younger days, I've done some really stupid things... Including acting like you are now.

If you are stuck behind someone going more slowly than you, wait for a safe opportunity to overtake and do so. If you can't overtake, there's absolutely nothing you can do about, except get all stressy and *****y about it. How does that help anyone? Then later you can come along here and have a rant, and we can say 'chill'
Currently in Heckler's garage:
1993 Renault 19 RT TD & a very modified Mazdaspeed MX6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome