Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault grand Scenic III - electronic parking break

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th June 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault grand Scenic III - electronic parking break

Two questions.

First, is there a way to turn it off? I parked on a sloping car park and then discovered that I was not far enough forward in the space (the GS is a lot longer than my previous car). With a manual handbrake I would have just loosened the parking break and let it roll forward a bit, but I had to start the engine, put it in gear and bring up the clutch, then break quite hard as this made it move forward quite quickly. Is there a way to do this in the Grand Scenic III?
(btw the electronic handbrake is great for normal driving, and with the "hill assist" make hill starts a doddle)

Second, is there an emergency manual brake? I was once in a car where the hydraulic cylinder failed and I lost both breaking circuits. I was not going fast and stopped on the handbrake. I don't know what would happen if you put the electronic brake on at speed, I guess either the electronics would prevent you or the wheels would lock!
Currently in Taandava's garage:
Reanault Grand Scenic III 1.5 dci
  5 Lastest Threads by Taandava
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault dog guard "rubber bits" - where can I buy... Interiors Renoir White 1 781 28th January 2013 02:09 PM
Scenic 3 "green arc" in rev counter... Electronics Taandava 4 1844 27th September 2012 07:32 AM
Grand scenic 1.5 dci stop - but occasionally not... General Chat Taandava 1 1445 1st August 2012 09:36 PM
Renault grand Scenic III - electronic parking... Brakes/Hubs YOY 1 1941 27th June 2012 02:09 PM
Renault grand scenic - "Average MPG" - from... General Chat dinn 2 1755 15th June 2012 08:49 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome