Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - big stone chip in windscreen-TPFT so not free

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 30th June 2012 Thread Starter
Banned User
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: big stone chip in windscreen-TPFT so not free

Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
I would view repairing this screen as 'damage-limitation' to prevent a bad situation (which can be lived-with), from becoming worse and quite dangerous.

A picture would help, as I can maybe offer additional tips.

If we can't repair it properly, then you're right. I'll try and get a pic of it when he's back.

I do feel for him as it's money, money, money at the moment for him. Only a few months ago, a bunch of louts 'did his car over' at a 'family' country pub. The tyres had small stones in the valves to deflate them, so he thought they'd been slashed and both mirrors were kicked off, damaging the wings and doors, so having replaced the mirrors already he's doubly pee'd off that a car has hit another off again.

As he thought the tyres had been slashed and the stupid recovery truck driver didn't check either as he assumed it was an insurance claim and dragged it onto the back with the tyres flat, so damaged the rims and the tyres even more. So he bought new tyres too.

No amount of contingency funds are of use for that.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome