Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Closing Cabrio Roof,Excellent Info

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 4th July 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Megane 1 - Closing Cabrio Roof,Excellent Info

I reset the the cam on the hood lock, the easiest way to do this I found without having to unbolt the back seat or the locking mechanism, is to remove the plug connector and using a power source from the boot ( boot light supply) pulsed the motor on pins one and two until the motor moved to a position where the cam can be re instated.
Despite the pump working when button pressed the hood would only work with me helping it. So stripped apart the entire hydraulic pump with everything clean inside re assembled and tried but again without success unless it was helped.
By chance a local breaker had a 51 plate cab in for breaking so bought the pump complete with hoses and rams for 50 ( I think he got the price wrong) fitted it all works ok now, so can only assume the old motor was tired, have sourced information regarding the power packer motors and no spares seem to be avaliable as according to there website the agreement is to supply dealers only, a shame as I would have liked to replace the motor to keep as a spare but will keep searching.

Currently in steve30300's garage:
99 Megane Cab,01 Megane Cab,05 Grand Scenic 1.9dci
The Following User Says Thank You to steve30300 For This Useful Post:
VelSatisfied (4th July 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome