Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Closing Cabrio Roof,Excellent Info

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 4th July 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Megane 1 - Closing Cabrio Roof,Excellent Info

Hi guys, i had a similar problem with my roof as for some reason unknown to me my roof decided not to work electronically and had to be done manually. since then i thought id managed to fix it and have been getting it opening and closing electrically.

But the cars currently sorn and hasnt been run since nov 11, the cars engine has been turned over for 10 mins or so near enough every day since but it seems that the battery has flattened itself and now my roof doesnt want to work electronically anymore, now i can use the manual release cord and open the rear storage space of the roof open, from here the roof can be opened and closed electronically and it can be done several times no problem, i can turn off the ignition and come back the next day and bam! 5 beeps and the roof doesnt work.

Is the issue something to do with the possible low power in the battery itself? i dont ever open/close the roof without the engine running as i know that it eats away at the battery power rapidly im just confused as to how once i get it working its fine then i come back the day after and its not. HELP PLEASE!
Currently in tubbybullet's garage:
51 reg 1.6 16v Megane Cabriolet - v reg pug 306 hdi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome