Join Date: Jul 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, so I've had my Megane MK2 (52 plate) - 3 door since November and I've had no end of problems with it. I've taken it into a 'Renault Specialist' and now have the following problems (I'm not good with cars so apologies with crap terminology):
Other issues, in which I've had a friend of a friend look at include:
- Issue with Key Card (sent off to fix/replace), rarely lets me open/lock doors and start engine.
- Loom replaced in steering rack (i think), all to do with the key card too.
£190 (with labour)
- Rattle when the engine starts, car tends to stall unless given a lot of acceleration when I fire it up. Been told I'll need 'a new pulley', but been recommended to get a new cam belt kit if it hasn't been replaced in 18 months
£110 for pulley
£260 for pulley and cam belt kit (quoted £200 for labour)
- Also, the airbag/service light is on. It's been suggested that the loom has gone there and I'd be better off requiring a whole new seat from a scrappy.
or a new loom
Has anyone got any ideas of cheaper solutions to these problems, especially the pulley/cam belt one?
- Driver's window not opening.
£50 for regulator off eBay
- Passenger door doesn't shut properly.
£30 for hinges off eBay
I've only had it 8 months and this car could end up costing me another £1k to get back to a normal state.
...and I'd rather not scrap the car or sell on the cheap!
Thanks for any correspondence!
Currently in Gavlar84's garage: