Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Closing Cabrio Roof,Excellent Info

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 10th July 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Megane 1 - Closing Cabrio Roof,Excellent Info

But the cars currently sorn and hasnt been run since nov 11, the cars engine has been turned over for 10 mins or so near enough every day since but it seems that the battery has flattened itself and now my roof doesnt want to work electronically anymore, now i can use the manual release cord and open the rear storage space of the roof open, from here the roof can be opened and closed electronically and it can be done several times no problem, i can turn off the ignition and come back the next day and bam! 5 beeps and the roof doesn't work.
Ok reading from above the hood operation itself is hydraulic,the position sensors, ecu and the hood cover latching motor are electric.
So you are saying that once you have pulled the release cord the hood operates normally? via the switch??

You should hear a continuous beep once the hood is unlocked and pushed up, if you hear the 5 beeps then the hood is not in a start/finish position have you tried to manually put the hood through a complete open and close procedure? then try using the button operation?

Thinking about the battery once your car is started and assuming it is being charged the hood should operate, if when you car is running and sometimes it will operate and sometimes not then you probably would need to be looking for a supply fault?

Hope this helps a little more.

Currently in steve30300's garage:
99 Megane Cab,01 Megane Cab,05 Grand Scenic 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome