Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Why do we all buy a renault?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 1st October 2005
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Good Question!
For me it was price (Still the most I've ever spent on a car BTW-2850, nor much to some but a lot to me). I am now having to be a responsible dad, so a niceroomy car was needed, initially wanted a Picasso, my dad has one, nice specs at a low price(from new). However Scenicsare older and within our budget.
Not really anything similar to buy for the price, so Scenic it was, I decided to go for one with air-con because
a) I just wanted to not be too hot going round west midlands safiari park with the family and..
b) I'd read that with all the glass it's needed.

Other than that I didn't mind if it was auto or manual or diesel or petrol.

Got a 1.6 8v petrol, and am very very happy with it. Drives nice, doesn't make me feel like speeding (good as iv'e just gone down from 9 to 6 points, all gained whilst not driving recklessly, but that should be another thread ) .
Great space for getting the kids in and out of, lots of space, i can't imagine having to go back to a smaller car.
My old car (Which we still have) was a Rover 416i and has also been great, I still prefer it over cars like a Ford Focus (No honestly!) it's been reliable and still going strong at 110k. (Shame Rover didn't look into the MPV market, it could have been a saviour!)

The only things I need to sort out now are a CD player, a small dent (50p sixe) in the drivers door that needs pulling out somehow and getting the milometer to illumine properly. Only one of those is a fault with the car, not bad (As William Shatner would say).

So so far so good (look out for my rant tomorrow about how it has just let me down!)

Currently in Deano's garage:
Scenic 1998
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome