Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #254 of (permalink) Old 13th July 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

i have had the same problem,lost all but 3 and 4 speeds and them lost the a/c except on setting 1 not much good unless you can drive all day at plus 50 mph,checked the connector as per this thread found the usual melted connector block,parts from renault would cost 121,contacted renault c/s,who said they have had no other reports of this kind of failure(they lie as well)but subject to a renault diognostic at 87 they may be prepared to pay 50% of the bill which would come in at 291!,i did report this to vosa who told me they have had many reports of this happening but it was not classed as dangerous as it would blow a fuse before it ignited,anyway no way would i pay renault to sort a problem which is due to there poor design,sourced a resistor from a site mentioned in this thread 54 delivered but i had to lower myself and get the loom from renault.
the job is a little fiddly as i have big hands and arms and the wire to the resistor was clipped but a little tug a i got the wires to the opening,i decided to use a wiring block to connect the wires in case it happened again,and simply cut one wire at a time and connect it this way,so no mistakes,one point you will end up with one wire over on the loom,don't worry about this one, but it seems renault have beefed up the loom and resistor and added extra connectors and wire to spread the load,fitting is the reverse of removal,the hardest part is the screw as you have to do this by touch, screwed it in by hand then juggle the screwdriver with one hand to secure,luckly it went in first time,but you will end up with war wounds on the forearm,but it still beats paying renault to do it
Currently in bennmark0's garage:
scenic 1.5 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome