Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Plastic trim and aerial

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th October 2006 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Plastic trim and aerial

hello to everyone

Just a quick couple of things, My clio is a 2000/2001 1.4 sport, and the plastic trim on the i think seems to peel a bit at the front corner sides on the roof (seems really badly put on by renault), is this common?

Also when I was washing the car the other day, the aerial which is at the front middle of the car, was hit by the hose slightly and rotated on its base a little bit, seems fine and Ive put it back into position, but would this indicate the housing the aerial sits in is loose or should it be ok? seems fairly secure and nothing is leaking (yet) I took the interior light console out inside the front of the car and there doesnt seem to be anyl eakage, bearing this in mind is it worth just leaving it (if it isnt broke don't fix it) or with the aerial being able to move, take preventative measures before it gets worse? (if it does get worse)

I did notice the aerial nut is quite tricky to get to even with the light console out, so if I dont need to do anything Id obviously rather just leave it

maybe Im just being paranoid....

Cheer, Ed
Currently in eddeh's garage:
2000 Renault Clio Sport 1.4

Last edited by eddeh; 9th October 2006 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Just adding more info that I think would make the question more clear
  5 Lastest Threads by eddeh
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Crack/Twang over certain bumps Steering and Suspension tahitian954 8 2328 18th July 2011 02:37 PM
Bearings...again?! Wheels & tyres eddeh 4 1342 2nd November 2010 02:14 PM
Do you really have to change both shock absorbers... Steering and Suspension rob_k 6 8377 18th March 2010 10:47 AM
MOT Lambda sensor... failed then passed Engines Lagdti 25 5475 7th July 2009 11:13 AM
"num num num" sound when driving... Wheels & tyres madnoel10 20 3339 15th April 2009 11:01 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome