Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Vibration and Resonance - Where from?

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 22nd July 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Vibration and Resonance - Where from?

Hi all,
Well I fitted the new rear discs and pads and it has fixed the vibration. We were all able to go on a 60mile round trip as a family and my wife didn't have any issues with the resonance and feeling unwell. The only thing at the moment is a slight humming noise but I can live with that at the moment. Could just be tyre noise.
There did seem to be a very slight amount of free play/movement in the bearing on the rear passenger side. Also the pads were worn a little uneven on that side.

Coup, as regards the 50p tyre, I replaced the 2 rears early on as I thought this may be the cause. It improved the issue a little but not completely. Interestingly that tyre was on the same position as the rear hub that had the bearing with the slight amount of play. Which came first I wonder?

I am planning on doing a full service next which will include checking in the cv boots for adequate grease etc. so that may help sort/identify any other things with the car. I will also check all the under body hangers and heat shields at the same time. I know its nearly 10 years old so its not going to be perfect but I just want it to be comfortable for all my family.

Will keep you updated on how it all goes.
Currently in DadBJ's garage:
Y reg Seat Ibiza Mk3, W reg Rover 45 and an 03 Scenic Fidji
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome