Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Why do we all buy a renault?

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 2nd October 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
We were looking to replace our ageing Astra estate with another estate, when my wife saw this Ice Blue/Silver Laguna Sports tourer sitting on the forecourt all she could say was "it's beautiful," she must have said this about five times! At the time I knew very little about Renaults except that compared to other cars they were very well equipped. So really the reason we bought it was for the looks and the amount of extras it had over other cars of a similar cost.
The love affair lasted about 4 weeks. I went to get into the car and the keyless remote would not unlock the car, I used the hidden key to get into the car but the car would not start. I was advised to charge the car battery, I did this with no result so I recovered the car to my nearest Renault dealer. After being in there for a week, they were too busy to look at it, they did repair it, all it needed was a new battery! I have now had this car for 3 months with no further problems and with a lot of help from this excellent forum I have just carried out the 36,000 mile service, I am now starting to trust it again and I do not regret having got it. It really is a beautifull car in all respects, Looks, driving, safety, equipment andoverall presence.
Currently in davesss's garage:
2002 Laguna Sports Tourer 1.8 Dynamique Moondust VF1KGOB, Fiat Siecento Micheal Schumaker, Kawasaki KLE M/Cycle and a cheap Mountain Bike.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome