Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic II (04 Plate) Tailgate Lock not releasing

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 5th August 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Re: Scenic II (04 Plate) Tailgate Lock not releasing

Originally Posted by brants View Post
Sorry for the late reply gibbi08. I fixed it by manually releasing the tailgate from the inside using a screwdriver to move the little peg. Then I took the plastic housing away from the lock and dowsed the mechanism in WD40. I then worked the lock a few times manually and it started working again fine. I can only assume it had seized or something had got in it. Hope this helps.

Hi guys,

sorry for late reply.
my problem turned out to be the cmu just next to glove compartment, had to take glove compartment out and its a black box with a big chip in it and it had a toatsy wee black dot where it was burnt. couldnt see it at first but a friend told me to put board to my nose n sniff for a burnt smell, it worked. orderred a new one from renault(280) who forgot to tell me they have to program it(80) so it was a costly fix and i wasnt even sure if it was going to work. however this worked and i now have a boot working. i hope this helps out alot of people!!!
Currently in gibbi08's garage:
2003 renault scenic 1.4
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome