Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 1999 Estate new fog light

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 9th August 2012
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna 1999 Estate new fog light

I Googled it.

Hi, if you have got a Laguna II with the round fog lamps then to remove the front fog lamps requires the front bumper to be removed for better access. There are three 10mm nuts that hold the foglamp from the rear of the bumper. You may be able to access the nuts from underneath, by removing the black mushroom type securing clips and possibly a 10mm bolt, which allows the quadrant shaped plastic trim on the side of the subframe to be moved down, and you may be able to get access to the 10mm nuts to remove the fog lamp, but I found removal of the bumper easier, and you can easily remove the fog lamps.

Firstly lift the bonnet and the front grille is removed by pressing a plastic tag to release the grille in the center as you look down, I used to use an open ended 17mm spanner which seemed to do the job well, the grille should then be removed. From underneath you will need to remove some 10mm bolts that hold the bumper trim to the sub frame, and release the side plastic quadrants by removing 1/2 20 torx screws, a couple of black plastic mushroom clips. Behind the inner wheel arch liners in line with the top of the bumper there is one 10mm bolt to be removed each side and then you should be able to slide the bumper forwards to release it. I believe your vehicle will have headlamp washers, so you may need to disconnect the washer piping at the quick release union behind the bumper, but if you are just resting the bumper on the floor, you can leave all connected and remove the 10mm nuts for the fog lamp in question, release the wiring connector and swap over the unit. I would also advise checking they work before refitting. As long as you don't have any seized bolts etc the front bumper should take no more than 30 minutes to remove and refitting is even easier as you know how it all fits together. Access to all of the fixings is quite easy, just a little tricky for your first time until you realise where they are. Not a great deal holds the front bumper on in all honesty.
Currently in KeithP's garage:
Did have Renault Laguna 2.0 executive auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome