Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - scenic mk I Front hubs which one?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th August 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
scenic mk I Front hubs which one?

I am in the poo!

I have an R reg Scenic 1.6. NO ABS

Some numb nut in the past has done a bodge. The tread on the hub that the caliper bolts to has stripped on both sides.

The local garage have said that they may be able to fix with helicoils but have suggested that getting replacement hubs from a scrappy might be a better and cheaper option.

I've been caught before with the Scenic where there are several versions of a part which may fit...

It seems that there is more than one hub which might fit - differing numbers of splines have been mentioned.

Please someone tell me. How do I find out which one I have quickly? Is there a part number stamped on it somewhere? Maybe the different versions look totally different?

I need this car back on the road before next weekend and tha garage can't look till tuesday. I need to get ahead of the game.

5 Lastest Threads by twonames
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic I thermostat housing stuck. Help! Heating & cooling twonames 11 1529 2nd February 2014 06:09 PM
scenic mk I Front hubs which one? Brakes/Hubs OLD 2.0 SCENIC 3 767 12th August 2012 09:20 PM
mk1 scenic brake pipes Wheels & tyres twonames 0 749 22nd October 2011 08:30 PM
what's my fabrication number? Tools & equipment Nottnoc 3 5400 20th June 2011 09:21 PM
Scenic 1998 heater problems Heating & cooling bugsb 4 1589 20th June 2011 08:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome