Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #245 of (permalink) Old 17th August 2012
Inveterate Bodger
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

Originally Posted by Gary D View Post
Just bought my first diesel, a 2002 plate Renault 1.5dci 80 Expression and the engine has cut-out on me 3 times in 80 miles, always when in second gear. Thought at first it was my clutch control when the car juddered, but now realise it was the loss of power causing it.Restarts straightaway. Drives beautifully on the motorway. Wasn't sure about trying it but went like a dream.

Starts up again straightaway after cut-out happens.
Without wanting to be a stuck record, it sounds somewhat like my own TDC sensor and EGR issues. Once you're up to speed it works fine, because at a steady motorway speed you won't notice the power lack (in fact, mine would only flash up a warning and start to limp if I pressed on somewhat past 75 on the level, or 65-70ish up a steep hill... and saved it until I was cruising - flat out acceleration rarely gave any trouble).

You may find that restarting it gradually becomes more of a problem along with the cut-outs...

When working properly they're actually pretty hard to stall if you're giving them any kind of throttle!
Currently in tahrey's garage:
Honda CG125, Scott Voltage MX5, dirt, lots of random bottles and tools, porktastic Clio III DCi, dodgy shelves...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome