Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I am going for world record.

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11th October 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
My power steering took about that long. First Renault wouldn't authorise a new rack under warranty until the dealer had tested it with a special tool that they didn't have (so they had to order the tool first.) Then when the tool finally turned up, they proved the rack defective and had to wait for that to turn up. As I recall, we were well into week two by now, but they called me and told me it was ready.

I didn't even get out of the car park. I just turned round and took it back - the power steering was as bad as before. So in it went for a new pump (the old rack must have damaged the old one, or vice-versa.)

And as if that wasn't bad enough, I had a Vectra as a courtesy car for those three weeks. If it had been the 407 that I usually got, I woudn't have been so upset

Though this same bunch replaced a faulty injector on my IDE and left me with fuel spraying all over the engine, so the steering rack fiasco seems kind of insignificant after that.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome