Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Haynes Manuals

Thread: Haynes Manuals
View Single Post
post #74 of (permalink) Old 19th August 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Haynes Manuals

My Lag 2 Haynes is actually smaller than the one for my dad's Triumph Sprint... And I'm assuming the car has more, and more complicated parts by some way It also has comprehensive, full colour wiring diagrams whereas the Lag Haynes (both I and II) have dismal greyscale things that only show half the electronics in the car [/QUOTE]
I can beat that. I have a manual for a ford Prefect E93A. Despite being really low tech the manual was comprehensive, including how to preload a dif. Nowadays they HM people I suspect don't even really do the work other than look under the bonnet. I once had a workshop manual for a Ford and someone gave me the Haynes manual for the same car. Guess what, Haynes just quoted the Ford manual verbatim, with mistakes!! (yes it was a long time ago). Nowadays if I need a manual I go on line,but most of the time it's just samo samo, with electronic bits added, which isn't all that difficult. Just treat it like I used to do with tools. Pay the first time even if it costs the same and paying the garage, and the next time you need it it's free if you haven't already ebayed it. Buy the best tools you can afford
Currently in timddeb's garage:
2003 Laguna 1.9Dci, 2007 CLio 1.5 Dci 86HP
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome