Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - water based paint and regular car polish.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th August 2012 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
water based paint and regular car polish.

As I think Ive mentioned before.
The trusty simoniz kept the paintwork on my last car like new, at least on the surface.
My Meg III got a coat last year.This weekend Ive reapplied it.
Since its a time consuming /good physical workout job it happened I did the roof in 2 sections ,one side on friday the other side yday.
The same technique was used .
The part that was done yday has that giant rain blobs "cant touch this" finish. The part on friday well its ok.. but nowhere near as mr blobbly.

On my last car this blobbiness would last for weeks even thru dirt and subsequent washings and the car had a deep shine like it was hewn from solid.

The present one looks very good , but Im not so sure about the lustre and why has the waxiness of the surface gone after 2 days?
Has the fact that the paint is water based got something to do with it?
Am I micturitioning into the wind using a hard to apply coat thats only good for solvent paints or will it need a few full coats to "bond" to the lacquer and hold the shine?

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
  5 Lastest Threads by coup
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Cheese factory explosion in France Jokes & funny stuff coup 0 187 6th July 2016 07:48 AM
Meg 3 fuel flap Electronics A55ii 4 209 1st July 2016 09:11 AM
conflict resolution, zohan method YouTube coup 0 249 8th March 2016 08:26 PM
Our Babs..sorry I missed a couple of o's Jokes & funny stuff Dancingdad 4 310 2nd March 2016 10:12 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome