Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - cancelling finance agreement before 1st Sept

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd August 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry cancelling finance agreement before 1st Sept

Hi i am brand new to your forum so hopefully i have posted this on the correct page.
I currently have a Renault Megan cup 250, which i bought from new on Renault selections. I collected the car 1st Sept 2010 on a 2 yr finance deal. Obviously this is due to end 1st Sept 2012. In june i went back to Renault to discuss a new vehicle a Megan expression 5 door (new baby). I was told that i owed more than they would offer part ex so just give the car back to the finance company a week before 1st Sept. I put a 240 deposit down on the new megan to pick it up on the new 4 yr selections deal on 1st Sept.
So today i rang Renault finance to arrange handing back my current megan to be told i cant as i havent paid half the settlement (which i knew) and the two years were nt up until the 20th Oct as this is when the payments started even though ive had it since the 1st Sept 2010. Therefore leaving my buggered regard getting the new one. I contacted the dealership who were not helpful at all and said we can keep your new one till Oct for you if you want, this however will mean i have to re tax my current megan, service it and have two new tyres!!!
I have obviously signed up for the new megan and paid the deposit, can i cancel the new car and walk away, i now i ll lose my deposit but dont care.

Currently in mikeparr's garage:
renault megan
  5 Lastest Threads by mikeparr
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
cancelling finance agreement before 1st Sept Cars & motoring dcr226 7 1273 22nd August 2012 07:11 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome