Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 2 - Retro-Fit Cruise Control (Guide With Pics)

View Single Post
post #43 of (permalink) Old 24th August 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Post Re: Renault Megane 2 - Retro-Fit Cruise Control (Guide With Pics)

For what it's worth - I wanted to test this before hacking up my steering column, and I couldn't find details on the white connector (by the headlight adjuster).

You'd need to use a on-off-on latching switch, and the pinouts of the connector (looking from the bottom) are as follows :
|##| C|
|  | X|
| L|  |

Where ## is the missing pin, X is the common wire, C 
 is Cruise Control mode, and L is limit mode.
Also, for what it's worth, it all worked, and I went down the 'extra radio stalk' route, but I decided to stuff all the resistors into the stalk, and snip some tracks. My stalk (mounted on the opposite side to the radio) has Vol+ as Speed-, Vol- as Speed+, Mute as Restore, and the top and bottom buttons all as Cancel).

10 in a local breakers for a spare radio stalk and a handful of resistors later, and I'm very happy (apart from the lack of daskboard lights - but I don't have a clip, and I'm don't want to pay 100 for the privilege). Is there an easy way??

On thing I did notice though is that the speed limiter 'kickdown' function doesn't appear to work - it doesn't matter how hard I stand on the accelerator, it won't budge over the limit unless you disengage SL.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome