Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Door check-strap repair, Espace 3

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 30th August 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Door check-strap repair, Espace 3

Thanks Donald and Olaf. Our Scenic mark 1 facelift had broken door strap for the last two years. Kept meaning to take a look. I did open up the panels and lube the regulators but hadn't time to do much more. I had a few failures on my Focus and had to bodge them as the sill holding the glass had broke. Seemed to be simply that the cable had gone bone dry and rode up on itself resulting in the weakest point snapping from tension. My door strap was broke at the outer roller where the pin is held. The assembly had just snapped. I pulled it back together with a worm drive hose clamp and cable tied the clamp to stop it moving. Had to cut a slot to give the clamp a pull point. It needs a new part but know I can do it faster next time. Thanks for getting me motivated with your pictures Donald. It's same or similar on my car. It helps greatly to have some idea what a problem might be. If I'd any idea the metal frame holding the pin was plain broke I'd have got the part first. Amn't that mad but was stuck for car.
Currently in smartbodydublin's garage:
Ford Focus 2003 1.6lt Zetec, gfs Scenic 2003 1.4, & her friends Punto 2005 1.2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome