Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2000 Clio Liberte Lock Set Replacement Help Needed

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st August 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2000 Clio Liberte Lock Set Replacement Help Needed

I've had my car nearly 2 years now. It is a 5 door clio liberte W-Reg and had a seized passenger lock when bought. Recently the drivers door had started going and the other day seized completely when trying to unlock. It opens fine though. It feels like somethings snapped inside. When I tried a "little extra pressure" my key snapped the black casing apart. Luckily the blade is fine and the transponder is still in the key so I have taped it up. I was going to replace the key but this will not help with the locking/unlocking problem and the only way i can get in is the boot or leave a back door/drivers door unlocked - As a delivery driver in my own car this is not plausible to do in the long run and so I need to fix the problem asap.

I am thinking of buying a full lock set off ebay (both doors, boot, petrol cap, and ignition) for around ~55. Only problem is I cannot afford a garage as I just used the last of my overdraft last month for mot and I'm a student and loans dont come in til next month.

This means I need to do all the labour myself wherever possible. I fix computers/consoles etc so learning how to take something different apart shouldn't be too hard to do it's just I don't have a clue where to start. Petrol cap will be easy, one off, other one on. Ignition, doors, and boot, I really don't have a clue with. I've tried searching the forums and couldn't find the info I needed which is why I'm posting this.

The only other choice I have is to buy a front door lock and key instead of a full set, and keep my current and new key and have one to open the door and one for boot/petrol cap and ignition.

Any help and information would be great. I've not done anything with a car before other than fill it with petrol and check my oil and stuff.
Currently in Connah's garage:
  5 Lastest Threads by Connah
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2000 Clio Liberte Lock Set Replacement Help Needed Bodywork madnoel10 3 978 31st August 2012 12:30 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome